Monday, May 29, 2017

It's a.....

 The kids were very excited to find out if they were going to have a baby brother or baby sister.  I went to a doctors appointment and my doctor was really nice and took a quick ultrasound to check the gender.  Rob wasn't with me so I was the only one who knew...so I had to decide a fun way to tell the kids and Rob.  I decided to make a cake and fill it with either pink or blue candies.  Here are some pictures of the process.  (I am NOT a great cake decorator) 

 I overfilled all of the cake pans and they all spilled over and onto the cookie sheet.  So I had to level them all off with a knife...which I didn't really mind because it gave me lots of pieces to snack on.  :)

 I stacked 4 on top of each other with the middles cut out and filled them with...

 PINK!  :) Then I put the top on and since the pink was covered, I let Emery help me put the frosting and sprinkles on.

 The finished product.

 Here they all are ready to cut into the cake.

 This picture captures everyone's emotions pretty well.  ha ha!  Zac was pretty upset and he came and hugged me a cried for a little while.  But I think he is warming up to the idea and I think he will be a great big brother to his new baby sister.  

 Like I said, Zac was pretty upset and Riley was cute and put her arm around him while he was eating his cake.  What a sweetie.




Here is the video I took as they cut the cake.  I love it.  I ended it quickly and took a picture right after to get a good reaction picture. (the one I posted above).  


4 comments:

lindsy said...

Yay!!! Poor Zac :) I don't know whether to laugh or feel bad for him!
There were five girls in my family before my three brothers.
Congrats!!

Shanna Selin said...

Poor Zac! I totally feel for him because I had the same reaction when I was 7 and found out my mom was having a boy. I insisted my mom give him up for adoption for months until I finally decided I liked him when he started smiling.

Marissa said...

Congratulations Lindsey!!!! You've got your own batch of Little Women, plus a Laurie ;) What a great crew! In the course of the next 2 weeks our house is going on the market and we have a big family wedding, but once I come up for air we need to get together again and celebrate your good news!

Laurel said...

That picture of everyone's reactions is PERFECTION!!! I love it!