Thursday, April 26, 2018

My birthday - the big 32



 Rob always does a great job making me feel really special on my birthday.  He makes these yummy cakes and lets me rest if I want to.  This year he kept telling me to go take a nap or a break until finally I said "I just want to be with you guys."  I spent so much time away from him and the kids in the hospital and I was just grateful to be with them.  Then the next day he took off of work so he could take me couch shopping.  We have been wanting to buy a new couch ever since we moved to our house (5 years ago!!) and we finally did it!  We got a lovely sectional that we love.  Rob especially loves it because he can lay down without having to curl his legs up.  Ha ha.

 Here we are at the store trying to figure out which sectional we liked.  There was a salesman following us around the whole time which was kind of awkward, but he gave us space when we needed it.  

Then we went out to lunch at the Olive Garden.  It was such a peaceful meal with just the two of us and no kids! We had a great day just the two of us shopping and talking.  

Here is a fun gift that I got from Laurel.  The girls and I love it.  I think Zac thinks it is cool too, he just doesn't want to admit it!  :)  

 

I just felt really grateful this year to be home for my birthday with my amazing family.  There really is no place like home!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I'm dying! Your kids are a tough crowd, "It's not changing!" "It didn't change that much." hahaha! ;)