Sunday, October 11, 2020

How to not entertain a 3 year old while helping other kids with school work...

A lot of times these days, Finley is left to fend for herself.  I mean, I take care of her, but while I am helping the other kids with their school work (aka most of the morning!) she has to find ways to entertain herself.  This particular morning she was pretty attached to my side.  She found a green comb and wanted to comb my hair.  She has brushed my hair many times with a hairbrush without incident, so I told her she could.  I was laying on the floor helping Emery with some math and she climbed up behind me and started combing.  

Within seconds, I felt her pulling really close to my head.  Over and over.  I just thought she was pulling my hair with her hands and it wasn't really hurting because she wasn't pulling hard, but after a few minutes of this I reached my hand up to see what was going on and this is what I found...


This happened within seconds people...SECONDS!  Seriously  It was crazy.  It was stuck right up against my scalp too.  I was thinking I might need to shave my head!

I interrupted Rob working (because this was an emergency!) and asked him to try to get it out.  He tried for a few minutes but then said he needed to get back to work.  Rats!!

So I went and found Sadie...thank goodness she was doing school from home that day!  She worked on it for a while and I was starting to think of haircuts I could get that might look ok.  But then suddenly I felt the comb come loose!  I was free!

Sadie was a miracle worker!  Thank you for saving my hair!  And never let your three year old comb your hair...stick to a hairbrush!
 

1 comment:

Carrie Selin said...

Great post! Disaster averted thanks to Rob and Sadie!