Sunday, April 7, 2024

Sadie is 16


Sadie turned 16 on February 13th.  I can't believe I have a 16 year old!  She now has her license and is driving the little blue car back and forth to school and lacrosse practice.  On her birthday, it was a pretty busy day because she had school, then practice, then a team dinner, then a church activity.  So we didn't see her much.  She also had early morning seminary, so I put a candle in her toast to make it festive.  :)  Then after school, before practice she got to open her presents.  Finley got her "the perfect man" made out of chocolate (pictured above).


I think this was probably her favorite gift.  

Then I was sneaky and planned a little surprise party for her.  We invited the youth from church to come over and do a mystery box.  They were here when she got home from practice.  
I told them to make sure they couldn't be seen until she got inside and they really hid well.  Ha ha!

Her friends are so fun.  I think they had a blast even though they had to go outside for part of it and it had started snowing!

Silly picture

Working on putting puzzles together for their next clue.

The prize was a suran wrap ball filled with cheap prizes and candy.

Happy 16th Birthday Sadie!

They had to go to a neighbors house and sing I'm a little teapot...and they didn't even really know the song!  Yikes.  ha ha

Birthday Toast

I'm so impressed with how grown up Sadie is.  She is so responsible, inclusive, nice, hardworking and she is always trying to be a better person.  We love her!  She's also planning on going to prom in a few weeks which will be her first date!  
 

No comments: