Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our first harvest...

So, we came home from Arizona to see that our garden is doing great! We were a bit worried about it because we could only have it watered once while we were gone because we couldn't find anyone to do it. Luckily, it made it through the 5 days with only one watering. Our sunflowers are getting pretty big and our corn and tomatoes look great. Those were the two that we were particularly worried about. Anyway, we noticed that our radishes looked ready to be picked, so I went to town and picked about half of them. I think they are cool because they come in three colors. Red, purple and white.

Anyway, so now we have a ton of radishes. Anybody know what else to use radishes for besides in salad?

Here are pictures. If you want some radishes, let me know because we still ahve a ton in our garden ready to be picked! :)





4 comments:

evans said...

Just so you know,...My front bicycle tire tube gave its life trying to go to your house to water those radishes. Those radishes cost some of this century's best rubber....

Shanna and Evan said...

Those are cool radishes. I didn't know they came in colors besides red.

Shanna and Evan said...

Oh yeah. I just remembered something. Once I read that you can use radish greens in salad so I tried it. Don't let yourself be fooled like me. It is a terrible idea. They taste terrible and they are pokey.

Shanna

Chad and Bekah said...

Fun harvest! You should have called us to help out because we could have watered your garden!