Friday, July 11, 2008

Lagoon Trip

So last Wednesday, Rob's work had a "Lagoon day" where they paid for the employees and their families to go to Lagoon. We were really excited to go although we knew it would be different with little Sadie to take care of. On our way to Lagoon, we passed a car on the side of the road that had a flat tire. I looked over and noticed that they were a cute older couple so Rob and I decided we would stop to help them. We took a few seconds too long to decide that we were going to actually stop, so we had to go to the next exit, turn around and go back. Unfortunately, the next exit was 3 miles away, so it took us about 15 minutes to get back to the car. Right as we got there, Rob ran out to see if they needed help and they were packing up. They had just finished and were getting ready to leave. It was a fun adventure though. Next time we are just going to stop right away no matter what...

When we got to Lagoon, we both decided that we would each go on one ride while the other had Sadie and we would spend the rest of the time in the water area. Rob went on some roller coaster called Spider I think. He said it was a lot of fun but the line took too long. He had to sit in the same car as a few screaming teenage girls so he got a few laughs. Then we went to lunch and the company passed out t-shirts for everyone...they even had a tiny one for Sadie. It was so cute! Then I went on my ride. I went on a ride called the cliffhanger where you are tipped upside down and you go through water and stuff. My car unfortunately did not tip upside down but I did manage to get completely drenched. Fortunately I had just changed into my swimsuit. We spent the rest of the time in the water. Sadie loved it and so did we. She went down a small slide with Rob and splashed her feet in the water a lot. We love our little girl! Here are some pictures...

This is a ride that my little brother went on when he was about 5. The pictures that I have seen of it show him looking terrified and crying. So we just had to get a shot for him.


This was during the lunch. Sadie found a new friend. She is about 3 weeks younger than Sadie but has 5 times as much hair!


This is me after the ride that i went on. Ridiculous. Sorry that it is sideways!


Right before we get into the water. With our matching shirts...so cute! Sadie just happened to be yawning right when they took the picture.


First ride on a slide!

No comments: