Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Getaway

Rob and I got to go to Salt Lake for two nights on a little getaway thanks to our awesome neighbors and friends for watching our kids for us! It was so fun to just be able to have a whole day where we could be spontaneous and see two movies and ride the trax and eat out. It was great. But I think if it were to have lasted any longer, I would have gone crazy. ha ha. Too much free time! :)

Anyway, I didn't take too many pictures, but I did want to document about when I tried sushi. Rob really wanted to take me out to this sushi restaurant he had been to before. So we started walking from our hotel...we walked...and walked...and walked in big circles it seemed before we finally found it. The funny part is, it was right next door to the Melting Pot which is where we had walked and ate the night before. ha ha.

So Rob had told me that there were lots of "American" choices on the menu...but when I looked at the menu, I realized that my idea of American choices and his idea were completely different. So we decided to stay and I would let him eat there and then I would find something to eat later. Then I looked at the menu and saw that they had a Zen roll. It was sushi, minus the raw fish. ha ha. It had avocados, tomatoes, and asparagus in it. I went ahead and ordered one and it was alright...not my favorite, but I did manage to eat three pieces of it. :) And then I didn't feel so bad about making Rob eat in front of me.


Doesn't it look good! Yummy veggies wrapped in rice. I think I would have liked it even better if it didn't smell like fish in the restaurant!


Proof that I actually ate it!


Before I decided to order myself the Zen roll, I would take some of Rob's yucky sushi and put it on my plate so the waitress didn't know that Rob was the only one eating. Ha ha. Tricky!


Rob was in heaven! :)


We had a blast! But one of the best parts was coming home and seeing how excited the kids were to see us! :)

3 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

Yes!!! you need to do that as often as possible. Hope you are feeling better by now.....

Marissa said...

That sounds like so much fun! A getaway sure sounds like a good plan to me! And your hair is so brown in that last picture! You look great! Good luck with everything the next few months. Now that I'll be in Utah, call me if you ever need a break!

Liz said...

Isn't it nice to get away and realize why you liked eachother?!