Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Picnic

The other day I packed a picnic lunch and decided to take the kids to the park to play and then eat. It was a great plan...

When we got to the park it was a beautiful sunny day. I remember thinking to myself "wow, this is the warmest it has been in a loooooooong time!". There was a daycare group at the park already eating their sack lunches. So we just played on the playground and the swings for a long time. Then the teachers let the kids loose and they all came over and swarmed around us and started asking us all sorts of questions. It was pretty funny actually. After about 15 minutes, I decided it was time for us to have our picnic. Sadie was done playing anyway and was just sitting by me on the bench.

So we went over and found a nice spot of grass to spread our blanket on. Not two minutes after I got all of our lunch stuff out (leftover pizza, grapes and cheese sticks) some crazy clouds rolled in. It was so crazy. So I told the kids to eat fast...of course, with a three year old and a one year old, that doesn't really mean anything. Then the thunder came. Sadie hates thunder. She would cover her ears and close her eyes. So cute.

So when we finished our lunch I told Sadie we would eat our dessert at home(brownies). We hurried home and made it just in time to close the door and watch the rain poor down. We didn't get wet at all. It was a miracle! Crazy weather. So we decided to finish our picnic in the living room. I think the kids liked it and we will probably be doing picnics at the park a lot this summer.






Brrr...she was cold. It got pretty chilly when the clouds and the wind came.


Zac doesn't care about the weather, he just cares about taking big bites of his pizza.


Getting comfy on the picnic blanket. The kids from the daycare kept coming over and saying "hey you have pizza! Yum!" it was funny.


I just thought this was cute...some of the daycare kids were crowding around Zac so Sadie took his hand and led him over to me. Such a good big sister.


Eating dessert at home. It was a good day.



This was a video I took of our picnic. Sadie doesn't want to hear the thunder if you can't tell...


1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Such fun pictures. yummy pizza and at the park no less.....lucky you live near by.....