Sunday, September 11, 2011

Berry Pickin



We went to the berry farm in Mapleton yesterday to pick some raspberries. Wow. They are a great crop this year. We will probably go back next week and get some blackberries because we just skipped over them this time, but on our way out, I found one that was HUGE and looked delicious. So maybe next time we will get raspberries.

We picked about 6 pounds worth of berries. So far I have made raspberry crepes for breakfast and I have some of these in the oven drying right now. Hope they turn out good. And I froze some of them for smoothies. Yum.

Right as we were leaving, I noticed a wasp just sitting on Sadie's hand. So I calmly took the bucket of berries from her and told her to shake her hand. Big mistake. She didn't shake her hand. She turned it over and saw the wasp and then tried to get it off with her other hand. She told me calmly "It stunged me". And then the screaming came. She was very brave and the nice farmer guy had some cream for her to put on it. Even though it ended kinda bad, I was still a blast.
Zac actually picked quite a few berries, but not very many of them ended up in the buckets. Can you guess where they went?? ha ha

2 comments:

lindsy said...

Berry picking it so much fun :) What is your secret for keeping the juice on Zac's chin but not on his clothes?!

Shirl and Bill said...

WWhat fun memories you are making.....