Sunday, September 30, 2012

My first race

I did my first race two Saturdays ago.  It was really fun, especially because I did it with my friend.  My favorite part was the part where I was DONE.  ha ha.  My friend and I ran it as fast as we could (which we were really proud of).  After we ran about 5.5 miles, we turned the corner and saw we had to run up a steep hill.  Then we turned the next corner and the next one, and it just kept going up up up.  It was cruel for them to plan a race that ended with a half mile steep hill!  I was pretty mad.  ha ha.  But we finished and felt great when we were done.  Tired, but great.  That is when I decided that I am going to run nice and slow for the half marathon I am running in a month so I can actually enjoy it and not be miserable the whole race.  ha ha. 

 Here we are at the end of the race.  Rob was there with the kids and was able to take a picture of us.

 I didn't know beforehand, but they had a bunch of kid stuff to do for free after the race. The kids were in heaven in this bounce house.

 Here they are in an airplane.

They each got a balloon tied for them too.  

It is too bad we had somewhere to be because there was lots of stuff we didn't get to do.  There was face painting, rocket launching, free cotton candy, and lots more stuff.  Oh well, now I know for next time...if there is a next time!  ah ha. 

2 comments:

Carrie Selin said...

Two thumbs up for your race!

lindsy said...

Way to go! I'm way impressed! And you're doing a half marathon too?!! My goal is to run a 5K someday :)