Wednesday, July 8, 2015

4th of July

This year for the 4th of July we had no plans.  It was kinda nice just going with the flow and doing whatever we wanted.  ha ha.  Rob had Friday off of work and so we went to the splash pad.  I actually wore my swim suit this time because the last time I didn't and it was really hot!  But this time it was breezy so it was chilly when I got wet.  Oh well, it was still fun. 


 My kids are getting so good at looking at the camera at the same time!!!  :)

 So fun.

 Riley just crawled around and licked the water off of her hands.  

 And when did she get big enough to actually play on the playground?!

 This swing is almost never vacant so we had to try it out when it was free.

 It was pretty fun.  I couldn't stay on it too long because ever since having kids, swinging makes me feel sick!

  Emery was so cute.  She played in the water the most.

 Poor Riley.  I kept seeing blood coming from her toes.  I guess she drags the tips of her toes on the ground when she crawls.  ha ha.  She didn't seem to mind at all.  

 Later that night we went and got snow cones.  Yum.  It was so hot that it was melting faster than we could eat it though.  :) 

 The next morning we went to the parade.  We drove part of the way and walked the rest.  Let me just say, I enjoyed the parade so much better this year than last!  Last year I was 8.5 months pregnant and it was SO HOT!  This year there was actually cloud coverage and a nice breeze. 

 The crew. 

 At the beginning someone came over and gave flags to all of the kids.  

And this clown was kinda freaky.  But that didn't stop my kids from going up to him to get a piece of candy.  ha ha

In the evening we watched fireworks in our front yard.  There were SO MANY all around us.  Our neighbors must spend tons of money on fireworks.  Riley slept in her room the whole time and Emery mostly cried because they were too loud.  It was a good holiday.  I am grateful for this country that I live in and the freedoms we enjoy. 

No comments: