Thursday, August 23, 2018

4th of July

We had such a great 4th of July this year!  We of course started the day off by going to the parade.  Our friends the Greens saved us an amazing spot in the shade right at the beginning of the parade.  The kids got lots of candy and we all had tons of fun. 

I forced Rob to take this picture of us before the parade.  Ha ha.

Rob stood over with the kids to help get candy...I mean keep them safe.  :) I stayed in the shade and chatted with my friends.

After the parade we hung around the house until it was time to go to the Hatch's house and eat dinner. 


Laurel and I were matching!


We had some amazing food!  Seriously it was so good.

And Sadie helped me make this awesome flag cake that we found in a cookbook from the library.  And it turned out great.  

We love our friends and we love celebrating the 4th of July.  We went home after dinner and set off a few fireworks at our house.  Ours looked pretty wimpy compared to what our neighbors were setting off. I didn't mind though...I'm not a huge fan of fireworks anyway.  Then after the fireworks show we all went to bed way too late!

No comments: