Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Visit from grandma

 We love it when family comes to visit...especially when it is grandma! She came to visit for a few days and we loved it.  

 She came with us to our Real Salt Lake soccer day camp.  We went because my friend told me about it and because it was free, and because I think it's good to have your kids do things that make them a little bit uncomfortable.  Plus...you got a free coupon for Jimmy Johns.  :)

 The kids did great even though it was not run very well.  There weren't any drills or anything and they just played soccer for 2 hours.  THey did get to meet the Mascot of the Real Salt Lake team, so that was kinda cool.  There were some kids that kinda took over because there weren't a lot of adults supervising or telling them what to do and unfortunately they weren't very nice to those who haven't been playing soccer their entire lives (my kids).  I was proud of them for finishing even though there were some tears.  They can do hard things and learn and grow from them.  

 Riley was hilarious because she wanted to meet the lion and so my mom ran over there with her.  I looked away for about 2 seconds and got this picture.  I guess Riley just went up and gave him a fist bump and then booked it outta there!  Her face in this picture is filled with delight and my mom is in the background shrugging her shoulders!  I love this picture!

 My mom helped us build a few bookshelves while she was here.

 The kids "helped" too.  

 Finley loves it when grandma is around.  

 We made these fun shirts with sharpie and then sprayed alcohol on them.  They turned out really cute!

 We visited great grandma and great grandpa Selin.  It's always great to see them.

 Then we stopped at the really fun splash pad near their house on our way home.  It was really fun.  And look at Finley in that cute swimming suit.  I mean...seriously.  All my kids are so cute!






Fun times!!!

No comments: