Thursday, August 1, 2019

Rainbows and Glitter

 This year we have seen quite a few beautiful rainbows.  This first one I saw on my way home from the store and I had to pull over and take a picture.  I feel like rainbows are magical.  They just appear and remind me of Heavenly Father's love for us.  I mean, He didn't have to make the world so beautiful, but He did.  And I love experiencing and enjoying the beauty of the earth. 

Full rainbow.  Taken from the parking lot of the kids school.  

 We had so much rain at the beginning of the summer.  Riley got great use out of her rain boots and the umbrella.  

 I discovered this rainbow last week as I was walking a dirty diaper to the outside garbage can.  I looked over and saw the rainbow and ran back in to call the kids out.  They were heading to bed.  I told them to hurry because you never know when the rainbow will disappear.  They made it out in time to see it.  Finley was already in bed.  We spent a good 20 minutes enjoying looking at this pretty rainbow, and we got to see it vanish slowly as the sun set behind the mountains.  It was a fun time.

 So pretty.

 I talked Rob into taking a picture with me under the rainbow.  

And since we're talking about rainbows, I thought I would add our glitter incident of 2019 to this post.  It was the first day of summer break (literally, the first full day the kids were out of school).  I was feeling like a nice mom because I let my kids invite all their friends over to play.  Riley and Emery were downstairs with their friends giggling and laughing...all the good sounds of having friends over.  I was up in the kitchen working on dinner when Emery's friend Victor came upstairs to inform me that the girls were downstairs sprinkling glitter all over.  

I ran downstairs right away and beheld the scene.  Three girls prancing around with a container of my gold glitter laughing and having a magical time.  Thinking back I feel bad that I lost it a little bit with them, because it wasn't the end of the world and they were having so much fun.  I held back though because they had friends over.  But I let Emery know we would be seeing glitter down there until she graduates from college!  It was overwhelming so I just banished everyone out of the basement and I think it was a couple days later that we made Emery go down and clean everything up.  She had a great attitude about it and did a good job cleaning up.

 Their hair looked like this for days...even though we washed it multiple times.

 Glitter was everywhere!  Not only did they put it on the carpet and tile, but they sprinkled it in the dress up box and all over the toys.  I still find piles of glitter down there.  But it's just funny now.  


Emery and her pile of glitter.  That wasn't even close to all of it. 



There you go.  Rainbows and glitter.  :)

No comments: