Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day + Birthday = Fun


I love my Husband. He is the best! Yesterday was a special day for him. It was Father's day and his birthday. He got the special treatment. First I made hime breakfast in bed, which I wish I would have taken a picture of because it looked delicious. I never got a bite mostly because Sadie was hogging it all as you will see in a video below. :) I made him some French toast, but when I went to the fridge, I realized that we only had 2 eggs. I went ahead and made two slices of French toast, but Rob usually eats like 4 so I had to fill it with something. I made a sweet cream cheese filling that my mom showed me and cut up some fresh strawberries and raspberries and put all that stuff between the two slices of French toast. It looked really yummy. So we brought Rob his breakfast in bed and he ate it and shared it with Sadie. I gave him his gifts. For his birthday I got him Mariokart on the Wii and for Father's day I got him a new set of scriptures which he has needed for about 5 years now. :) There is also another gift I am making for him, but I didn't finish it in time...so He will get that sometime this week.

After all that we went to church and came home and I made him some enchiladas for dinner. He thought they were good. Then I sent Rob off in search of 3 eggs that we could borrow to make his birthday cake. Note for next year : don't wait till the day of to make his birthday cake! Anyway, our nice neighbors let us have 3 eggs so I made his cake and we enjoyed that after Sadie went to bed. Yummy!

The candles were in the shape of a 2 and an 8. Happy 28th birthday!!


He got them all out on the first try. What a guy! His wish must come true!

Although I did see his teeth on his first bite of cake...which means something in my family. I think it means that your wish doesn't come true, or maybe we just did it for fun. I don't remember...Scott? Evan? Mom? Do you remember? Anyway it was a great day.

Here is that video I was talking about. So cute. I love my little family!



I also wanted to say happy father's day to my own dads. They are great fathers and Rob and I are grateful for both of them for raising us well and teaching us great things. We are trying as hard as we can to follow in their footsteps. They are also awesome grandpas too! :) Sadie loves you guys!

5 comments:

Kevin_Amold said...

I don't remember what seeing the teeth meant. I think it just meant that you got ridiculed.

Grandma and Grandpa Kevan said...

Robert is blessed because he married you! As are we and Sadie!
Breakfast in bed is a great idea!

Unknown said...

If someone sees your teeth on the first bite then you don't get your wish. How come I was left off the list of people you asked what it meant? I'm the one that instigated that "tradition" as that was what we did when I was growing up. Dad

lindzandrob said...

I left you off the list because you have never left a comment before...I will put you on the list next time. Especially if it is a question about the silver rule!

Carrie Selin said...

Better notify the fire department next birthday because the smoke from this years candle blowing looks excessive. But Rob is definitely a 28 candle guy - and that number just keeps on growing in our book. Happy Birthday and Happy Fathers Day!