Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July

Today is the fourth of July, but we really celebrated our holiday here on Saturday. We started off the day by going to see the hot air balloons launch off in Provo. It is really neat. You go to this big field and can walk around right next to all of the balloons as they are filling up and then you get to watch them all launch into the sky. Sadie and Zac really enjoyed it and so did we. Zac just kept saying "ball ball ball" it was pretty cute. Then we get to wait for the balloons to come back and try to throw a bean bag at a target on the ground and try to pop balloons with a big spear thing. Unfortunately, we only saw two or three balloons come back...I guess the air wasn't cooperating! ha ha. But it was really cool and I am sure we will do this again.

While we were sitting on our blankets eating muffins, Shanna said something about the fireworks show which we thought was on the actual fourth of July. She said "you know the fireworks are tonight right??" Um. We didn't. So then we had to plan our day around that. We made sure the kids got good naps and around their bedtime, we left to go see the fireworks. It was tons of fun, but I could tell Sadie was getting really tired. I asked her if she was tired and she said "yes, I want to go home and sleep in my bed." It was only about 8:45. Still an hour and fifteen minutes away from the fireworks. Oh boy. So I made a little bed for her on our blankets and she promptly went to sleep. When she would wake up occasionally, I would ask her if she wanted me to wake her up for the fireworks. She said no because they were too loud. So she slept through the whole show. Zac saw them though. It was fun to be with friends for the evening.




Our group right before it got dark outside.


Family picture. Yikes...didn't realize I looked so terrible...remember people, I got up at 5:30 that morning!


Balloons!


I thought I had to document Darth Vador in the air. He got up and flew over the power lines and then landed across the street in a field. That was it for him. ha ha


I think I like the pig the best. I don't know why...just because.

Just chillin. Eating muffins.


The kids looking at the balloons. So cute.


I just think this picture is funny because of the smokey bear balloon in the background. His nose is very saggy. Oh and Sadie is cute too!



Daddy and the kids.


Mommy and the kids right when we got there...it was so fun to see them fill up the balloons.

Anyway, it was a very fun day so today we kind of took it easy and just hung out at home. I am so grateful to live in this country where I can be free. I am grateful to those serving in the military. Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Is it amazing what shapes they come up with for those balloons??!!
Love the pictures