Monday, November 14, 2011

Homemade Ice cream

We borrowed somebody's ice cream maker last week while we were learning about the letter I in preschool. We made 2 batches of homemade ice cream and boy were they yummy! The first batch was strawberry because I had bought 8 pounds of strawberries from the store (for only 6.99!) and so we needed to use those up. The second batch was really yummy because it was cookie dough. So good! If anyone wants to get me an ice cream maker for Christmas, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. The great thing about this machine was that it didn't need any ice or salt, and the ice cream was done in 30 minutes. So I started the ice cream right before we sat down for dinner, and by the time the dinner mess was cleaned up, there was fresh yummy ice cream waiting for us to eat!


This is just a funny picture of Sadie. She is sitting inside a light box thing that I use sometimes to take pictures of the earrings that I sell in my etsy shop.


The kids were so intrigued by the ice cream maker. They wanted front row seats.
.
It was pretty cute!


I think it was done now...that is why they look so happy! :)

2 comments:

lindsy said...

I want one too!!! What kind was it? 30 minutes and no salt or ice?!

Shirl and Bill said...

Sounds good to me. What kind of machine is it? that doesn't use salt.
A good dish of ice cream is a treat!!!