Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Birthday!


Mom talking to dad on video chat while opening her presents.


So Monday was my mom's birthday. She was here with us in Utah, so we got up and I made her some yummy eggs with ham and veggies and potatoes for breakfast. The kids kinda had a rough day that morning so I put them down for an early nap. The plan was to have roast and potatoes for dinner with my brother and his family at our house around 5. Then we were going to have a fun treasure hunt that my brother had thought up and at the end my mom would find some fun gifts that my dad left up here for her.

So remember how I said my kids (just Sadie and Zac. Emery was great!) were having a hard morning.? Well, they had an even harder afternoon. When they woke up from their nap, they were both really grumpy, which is weird for Sadie to be grumpy after she has a good nap. Anyway, I walked over to my neighbors house to give her a clue as part of the treasure hunt that my mom was going to do later, and about one minute after we got home, Sadie threw up. Nice.

So we threw the kids in the bath, and my mom took over because I had to go feed Emery. Of course, this is when Evan and Shanna show up so we told them that Sadie had just gotten sick and they didn't want to get sick so they never even came inside. My mom got the kids out of the bath and went to talk to Evan and Shanna outside for about 5 minutes. I told her that Zac would be ok for that long without a diaper. Well...guess what?? About 2 minutes after my mom wnet outside, Zac pooped on the floor!!! AHHHHH!

So I had to put Emery down for a while while I got a diaper on him and cleaned the floor. Then Rob got home and announced he wasn't feeling too great either. So my mom, Zac and I sat down and ate roast and potatoes. It was yummy, but there was a ton of it because we had planned on company. Then it was time for cupcakes. I told Zac he needed to take one more bite of his meat in order to have a cupcake because he hadn't eaten anything. This made him very angry and he SCREAMED and threw the biggest tantrum EVER. Seriously he was crying for about an hour or so until Rob finally calmed him down.

sigh. Despite all of that...I hope my mom had a happy birthday. We love you mom!

3 comments:

lindsy said...

oh man :) I'll add my HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MOM!

Shirl and Bill said...

That's what I call a birthday to remember.....

Marissa said...

What a day!! I am sure your mom still enjoyed herself! And you got yourself a good story! Jack pooped on the floor this week too. Gotta love being a mom sometimes!