Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My New Dress

So I pinned this dress a month or two ago and I am so proud of myself for actually making it for myself...and wearing it. I was really happy with how it turned out and would have loved to do it in a brighter color, but JoAnn Fabric just doesn't have a lot of selection when it comes to knit fabric.  Anyone have a great place to buy knits??

Anyway I had Rob snap some pictures (which was kinda a mistake because then I saw myself in the dress and didn't like it as much...ha ha).  But I decided to post the pictures anyway, because it is the first dress I have ever made myself.  I usually just stick to skirts.  :)

 Outside...
 Inside...
 With these crazies...who like to hang out in the undies...
 And looking out the door because that is what Rob was telling me to do.  Ha ha.  I really like this dress especially because I can wear it while I am nursing and still feed Emery without having to lift up my entire dress.  ha ha.  It was really easy to make too!

 And I just couldn't leave this little one out of the photo shoot!  :)  What a cutie!

8 comments:

lindsy said...

wow, I'm way impressed. I'm still talking myself into making a skirt :) Emery's dimples are so cute!

Shanna Selin said...

That looks great!

Katie Lewis said...

Cute dress!

Also, I couldn't find your e-mail, so I'm responding to your comment here. :) I'd love to have you as a Brown Bag sponsor! The next Brown Bag is going to be in July (we're skipping May and June). So if you'd like to be a sponsor just send me an e-mail and I'll get all the info to you.

Unknown said...

HEY! That is a really cool dress! Good job!

Shirl and Bill said...

I love these pictures. I also love the dress. It's my kind. Soft, easy to move around in, nice job Lindsey!!

Rob said...

Yowser!!

Amanda & Garlan McCoy said...

Love the dress! You are so talented.

Laurel and Doug said...

Cute, Lindsey! Though I was hoping to see your heels! Post a picture of those too, kay?