Saturday, July 7, 2012

Our fourth of July

We had a fun holiday on the 4th.  Rob got the day off (hooray!) and we did some fun stuff.  First we went grocery shopping (fun!) because it had literally been weeks since we did a big grocery shopping trip.  So we got the fridge all stocked and then we let Emery take a nap.  After she woke up, we brought a picnic lunch to a park in Hobble Creek Canyon.  It was lots of fun.  The kids loved it and so did Rob and I.  It is so much fun watching the kids have fun.  But there were like a million flies trying to eat our food.  It was gross! 

Anyway after that, we went home to get ready for our friends to come over for a last minute BBQ.  It was a blast.  We hadn't seen them in a few weeks and the kids just loved every minute of it.  I wish these guys still lived across the street!  But it was great to catch up with them and see their newborn girl who is adorable.  I realized after they left that I didn't ask if I could hold her!  Dang!  Oh well...that just means we need to go visit them again soon before their baby gets too big.  :)

Here are some pictures from our day.

 Emery, ROb and I enjoying the yummy hamburgers and guacamole.

 Jake and Sadie playing with the squirt things in the pool.

 Eating...when these two are together, they eat really well.  Sadie ate an entire hamburger and so did Jake.  If he wasn't there...I am sure it would have been hard to get her to take a bite!

 All the kids eating on the towels.  They got sooooo dirty!

 Andrew and Zac are good buddies.  Here they are swinging.

 And I just love this picture.  I don't know why, maybe because it shows all the kids having fun.

 The kids in the garden.

 They picked out first tomatoes and two bell peppers.  They were really excited about it too!

 Picnic at the park.

 Me and Emery were there too!

 And this is me modeling the shirt that I made for myself.  I really love how it turned out and can't wait to make a few more!

 Rob was showing me his rock climbing skills.  Here he is jumping from one side to the other.  Pretty cool.

 Cute Emery in her 4th of July attire.

 And I just like this picture of Zac.

Rob made himself a double cheeseburger.  He could hardly fit his mouth around it.

We are grateful to live in this country and for those who serve our country in the military.  Hope you all have a great Independence day too!

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Love the pictures of everyone and your fun day..