Friday, August 16, 2013

Swimming "wessons" (as zac calls them)

 We signed the kids up for swimming lessons last month.  I was not too thrilled that they were going to be indoors, but it turned out awesome.  The kids loved their teachers (well it took zac a couple days...) and it wasn't uncomfortably hot or humid for me sitting on the side watching. 

 Here is Zac ( he is behind the ladder handles).  They had the young classes on a cool platform thing that had some pvc pipe cage type thing that kept them close to the wall.  I am not doing a very good job describing it, but I would have LOVED one of these things when I was teaching a huge class of three year olds years ago.  :)

 Our treat after the first lesson.  I told Zac that if he stayed with his class we would get a treat.  He cried for about 5 minutes, but his teacher was great and had him smiling by the end.

 You can't really see her well, but she is the one that looks like she is drowning in the middle.  ha ha.  She is getting closer to swimming...


Last day!  Neither of them graduated to the next level, but they really did improve a LOT.  I am hoping to sign them up again in a few weeks since Sadie is in afternoon kindergarten. 

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

I bet they will do great next time.