Saturday, June 6, 2015

BYU duck pond

 Today we got to go help Luke and Taylor move from their apartment to another one around the corner.  I'm excited for them since their new apartment has a washer and dryer!! I remember when we finally got our own washer and dryer.  It was life changing!  I hope they enjoy it!

 Rob helped them with the bigger stuff...Emery "helped" too.  :)  THe kids were very helpful.  They carried bags of food and kitchen stuff over to the new apartment for them.  I was surprised at how much they actually did.  

 We also hung out outside for a while.  It was a beautiful day!

 When we were done with helping them move, we walked down to the duck pond by BYU.  We all spotted the Y on the mountain.

 I didn't take many pictures, but it was a fun trip.  We walked up the stairs and found a little pathway and saw a small river with ducks and ducklings in it.  I could sit and watch baby ducks all day long.  We fed them a little bit and then went on our way down another path.  

THe kids in front of Y mountain.  

It was such a fun trip to Provo.  It always brings back good memories from my days at BYU.  We even saw a new splash pad.  Next time we will have to bring our swimming suits.  :)

I think my favorite part of the day was when we were walking down a path near the duck pond and we walked past an older lady sitting on a bench.  We said hello and she looked at Riley in the stroller and said "Cute...how old is she??"  Rob put his arm around me and said "yeah, I think she is cute too.  She's 29."  ha ha.  He loves to do embarrassing things like that to me.  But the lady just laughed and said "keep doing that.  My husband used to call me his princess."  It was a fun little conversation.  I love Rob and the funny things he says.

4 comments:

Carrie Selin said...

Seems like you and Scott both had a duck-involved post yesterday. Hmmmm. Why?

Unknown said...

Awesome! Glad you guys were there to help : ) haha, a washer and dryer is life changing!

Laurel said...

ha! ha! That's awesome. ;) Are you really 29?! What are we going to do to celebrate the big 3-0? Should we plan another trip? ;)

Marissa said...

You've got a keeper, that Rob! :)