Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Ward Campout

 Our ward had a camp out a couple weeks ago.  We couldn't decide if we wanted to go up to the mountains and just have dinner and then go home, or if we were going to stay.  I decided to pack everything up as if we were going to stay and then decide once we were there.  It was supposed to rain that night, so we would see what the weather was like. 

When we got there we ate dinner and still couldn't decide if we were going to stay.  The clouds had rolled in and were looking rather ominous.  But we finally decided we weren't going to be wimps and we would tough out the storm.  Rob put the tent up while it was raining on him.  ha ha.  He found a great spot though that was sheltered by lots of trees.  He's awesome like that.  And it only rained for a little while, so we were glad we ended up staying.  We had a great time playing volleyball, making s'mores and chatting with friends.

 This was how Riley helped me pack the van.  :)

 Driving up the mountain I was surprised to see so many fall colors already.  It was so pretty.  Every year, we try to drive up the canyon to see the fall colors and always end up missing them by going too late in the year.  I'm going to try to talk Rob into driving up there this weekend again.  :)  

 Emery had a great time with all of her friends.  She really loves exploring and finding all the bugs and spiderwebs.  

 This was the view right outside the door of our tent.  So pretty!

 This girl had a blast eating cheeseballs, getting very dirty and wandering around the fire pit.  She always had a dirty face.  

 We even got to see a rainbow! 

 Rob and Emery really enjoyed their s'mores!

 Riley's face when we told her it was bedtime.  Ha ha just kidding.  I don't remember what was going on here, but she doesn't look very happy.

 These three got to share an air mattress.  They had a blast.

 Riley got to share the bed with us.  Poor Rob didn't sleep much (or so he says...every time I was awake, I could hear him snoring! ha ha) because Riley snuggled up really close to him and pushed him against the side of the tent.  

 The next morning we had pancakes.  They put the leftover s'mores stuff in them.  I wasn't adventurous enough to try one, but I did take a picture.

All in all we are glad we stayed.  It was a fun time.

No comments: