Friday, March 24, 2017

St. Patricks Day

We did a couple fun activities around St. Patrick's day this year.  One day we invited a friend over and made some green slime.  WE added glitter, but it just kept coming off on our hands.  Oh well.  The girls had a fun time playing with it. 

It kept them busy for a good long time.  :)

Emery's favorite thing to do with slime is put it in a cup and make noises with it. I love her giggle.  



WE left some in a cup unattended for a while and when I saw it later, it looked like some crazy science experiment.

We ate some rainbow jello.  I guess that's not really St. Patrick's day related...maybe it is.  I don't know.  Rainbows and leprechauns.  The kids liked it anyway.  Zac was not wanting to be in a picture...so I kicked him out and took a picture of the happy girls.  

Yummy.

I wish I could have found purple and blue jello, but oh well.  Next year i guess.

Then we made these fun leprechaun faces.  I think they turned out so cute!

Cute kids.

Then that evening I had a little rainbow pinata that I found at Target for like 50 cents.  We haven't ever done a pinata so the kids thought it was great.  I think Zac broke it opened first.

Everyone got a lot of good swings at it before it broke though.  Here is Zac looking at Rob because he kept pulling it up before he hit it.  ha ha ha.

It was a fun evening.  I thought I did a good job keeping the holiday really simple. We spread out our activities over the whole week.  My kids seemed to think something big was supposed to happen.  I have a hard time when every single holiday is so hyped up.  I told my kids that on St. Patrick's day when I was a kid...we wore green.  That's it.  And sometimes maybe we had green pancakes or something.  It's getting crazy the way little holidays are being turned into these big huge celebrations.  Maybe I'm just a grump. I don't know.  Happy St. Patrick's day!

No comments: