Friday, November 10, 2017

Fall colors in the canyon

 Every year we talk about seeing the fall colors in the canyon.  It seems like every year we miss them.  We go after the leaves have all fallen off the trees.  This year, a couple weeks after Finley was born we decided to go for a drive up the canyon.  This is when we discovered that Finley hates her carseat.  She will just scream and cry the whole trip.  We have had 2 or 3 successful trips in the car with her, but mostly I just stay home so I don't have to hear her scream.  She gets so upset that she throws up on herself.  It's really hard to listen to.  Anyway...We didn't miss the colors this year!  And it was breathtaking.  So pretty.

 These pictures don't even do it justice.  But it's all I got besides the memories in my head.

 We got out and walked around for a while...mostly because we wanted to let Finley out of her car seat to calm down. 



 We found some really pretty orange and red leaves. 
 
 I love these guys...they find fun spots to pose for pictures.  And then they won't leave until I snap a picture.  ha ha

 Riley...

I'm so grateful for the beauty of the earth. Whenever I see a beautiful sunset, or the magnificent mountains or beautiful fall colors I am so grateful that Heavenly Father loves us enough to make the earth beautiful for us to enjoy.  :)

2 comments:

lindsy said...

I love fall drives! Glad you guys made it out :)

Laurel said...

Beautiful fall leaves! So sad about Finley though. Poor girl! And poor everyone else too... crying babies are so sad!