Saturday, March 9, 2019

SNOW! And Lunar Ecplise

 On Avatar the Last Airbender (a show my kids like to watch) they talk about a blood moon.  my kids decided to ask Alexa when the next blood moon was.  She told us January 21st.  So for months, my kids were counting down the days until the next blood moon.  It was nice because it ended up being on a night when the kids didn't have school the next morning so we woke them up to see it.  I took a picture which of course doesn't show how spectacular it really looked, but the kids were pretty impressed.  My parents were still in town with us so it was fun to get to see it with them.

 Blood moon.

 While my parents were here, there was also a big snow storm.  My dad was worried about getting a ticket for parking on the road when the plows came by, so he pretty much shoveled all day.  He kept our entire driveway clear and a huge chunk of the street in front of our house.  It was the best looking spot on the whole street!  Thanks dad!  Also, the kids made a snow bunny. 

 And a big snowman.  

 We always try to get a picture of the kids with the grandparents when they come. 
 Riley was NOT in the mood.

 Finley loved snuggling with grandpa.  It was so sweet.

Finley loves her grandparents.  Maybe its just because she loves them, but maybe it's because she remembers that they (especially my mom) took care of her when she was 3 and a half months old.  Either way, she's really cute!


No comments: