Saturday, March 23, 2019

SNOW DAY!

 The kids finally got to experience a snow day!  We got about a foot of snow overnight back in February and the schools actually closed in Utah.  That rarely happens.  The kids were so excited and so was I.  I got outside and started shoveling.  I got about half way done and I was exhausted.  Rob came out and helped and we finished just in time for the kids to come out and play.  We made them big pile to sled down. 


 I love shoveling snow.  This time it would have been nice to have a snowblower though.  Ha ha.  It was a ton of work.


 The snow pile could have been much taller, but we made it wider at the bottom so it was more stable.  

 Finley loved eating the snow.

 And she loved having me pull her around in the sled.  ha ha

 The kids had such a fun time just playing and climbing in the snow.  

 My friend Robyn came over with her two girls and we played and had hot chocolate. Finley loves Robyn!

 Here's Lucy testing out the snow hill.

 Hot cocoa!

 Zac and his friends turned our sledding hill into an igloo.  You could go all the way in.  I was nervous that it would collapse on someone, so I watched them from the window the whole time they were out there.  

Rob is handsome.  Especially when he has snow in his hair and eyebrows.  

We had another pretty good snow storm a few days after this and the kids were wanting another snow day.  I told them not to get used to that because I think the last time that Utah had a snow day before this one was like 20 years ago.  I am glad they got to experience one snow day as kids though.

No comments: