Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Dates with Rob

 Rob and I have gone on a few fun dates lately.  We try to get out together more often now that our kids are getting older.  So we were excited when some friends invited us to go disco skating with them at the Classic Fun Center.  Yes!  I didn't really have anything to dress up in, but I threw on some sparkly earrings and a headband thing.  We got there before the disco skating actually started.  I thought the place was pretty crowded (I mean it was a Saturday night) and that it would clear out when the disco skating started around 10.  I can't remember if it was 9:30 or 10.   Anyways, I was totally wrong about that.  It got MORE crowded even though at that point they said only people who were 16 and older could be on the skating floor.  It was packed.  I got nailed right in the eye by someone who didn't know how to skate and was swinging his arms around to get balance.  It hurt.  So we skated around a few times and then we headed out.  It was getting late anyway.  But despite the crowds, it was a blast.
Sitting down trying to decide if we wanted to brave the crowd for another couple laps of skating.  I think we did. 
  And this is me taking a selfie and my friend Courtney photo bombing us.  :)

We also went to a Mardi Gras party at the Veridian near our house.  It was pretty fun.  There was some food, games, palm reading, animals to look at and dancing with a live band.  Pretty cool for a free event.  We had fun.  Then there was an embarrassing moment when Rob almost walked into the women's bathroom.  Oops!  We had a good time doing something out of our comfort zone.  

No comments: