Friday, October 4, 2019

Birthdays- Riley is 5 and Finley is 2

I don't think I ever posted about Riley's birthday (back in July!!) on here.  Riley is such a joy to have around.  She gets so excited about everything. When we do or get something fun, the first thing she wants to do is wait until the kids get home from school to show them.  It is so sweet.  She is the best at giving compliments.  The other day, Emery was wearing plastic purple glasses (just the frames) at breakfast and Zac said something like "those look funny." Right away Riley came to the rescue and said "Emery don't listen to him!  Those look SO good."  What a cute girl.  She loves taking care of Finley. 

On her birthday we just hung out and played in the water outside.  I think we also went to the orthodontist for Sadie's appointment.  The picture above shows the kids at the fountain outside the office.  Riley is sporting her new sunglasses from grandma. 

Enjoying the freezing cold water on a hot day.

I bought Riley's cake this year and it was so yummy! I love that whipped cream frosting. I was feeling guilty about not baking one myself, but I really liked this one.  :)

Here is Riley with her best friend Levi.  He is moving out of our neighborhood in a couple weeks.  That's going to be a little bit sad, but they won't be too far away.  These two have so much fun together.  They can play for hours and I don't think I've ever heard them have an argument! 

Happy 5th birthday to Riley.  We sure love having her in our family!


On September 16th it was Finley's 2nd birthday.  Zac had taught her to say 2 when someone asked her how old she was months before her birthday.  So she was ready on her actual birthday.  Although now that she is 2, when people ask her how old she is, she says 3.  Ha ha.  Oh well. 

These kids all love Finley.  They will pretty much do anything for her...even if they aren't supposed to.  Sometimes I see her sucking on a sucker right before dinner and I ask where she got it and the older kids will answer "well, she asked me and I couldn't say no!".  ha ha.

Finley got some books and a bunny in a purse for her birthday.  She was so happy and has been reading those books constantly ever since.  Since it was a busy day on her actual birthday, we decided to wait a few days until grandma and grandpa were here to make her cake. 

Here she is showing me how old she is.  It's kinda hard to just hold up 2 fingers.

She didn't really know what to do while we were singing to her.  

Then she blew out her candles.  

Finley loves Zac.  I took a picture of him in his suit before church.  She wanted to be right next to him. He is such a good big brother to her.  And just look how handsome he is!

Also, Riley showed me the makeup she put on right before we walked out the door for church on Sunday.  Ha ha.  And yes, we let her go to church like that.  :)

And this is one of Finley's favorite people.  Junie!  She loves when Junie comes over. 

No comments: