Sunday, October 30, 2022

Mom's day of rest

The last day of fall break, the kids gave me a "day off."  They wrote down a whole schedule of activities and told me what to do the whole day.  It was amazing.  I woke up and they told me to stay in bed.  Emery made delicious coffee cake that they brought to Rob and I in bed.  I heard them cleaning the house while I enjoyed my breakfast.  I came out to enjoy the clean living room and then at 9:30, Zac looked at the schedule and said "Mom!  Now you have to go take a hot bath!"  Don't mind if I do!  

After my long bath, I came out and Sadie and Zac were scrubbing the bathroom in the basement.  :)  At 10:30, Emery led me in a short yoga session.  It was great.  

We did a tree pose (I don't know if that was actually what it was called...)

Then we did downward dog.  We did lots of other things.  It was fun and relaxing.  

After that they banished me to my room again so they could make me lunch.  It was sandwiches with chips and yogurt and apples.  After Zac helped make lunch he went to his friend's house to play Magic, then he made sure to be home by 1 so we could do the next thing on the schedule.  That thing was a rousing game of Big Booty.  So fun.  Then we went outside and played basketball and volleyball for a while, after which I treated them to a few races on Mariocart.  
Then I got sent to my room again so they could make dinner.  

They made brushcetta, rice a roni and spinach.  Yummy.

Sitting down to feast.

I decided I wanted to reward the kids for giving me such a relaxing day, so we took them to Fiiz and got them each a drink.   

I felt really special to have the kids plan such a day of service for me.  They really are great kids.  It was mostly Sadie and Zac keeping it going, but they all helped.  
 

1 comment:

Carrie Selin said...

Pretty great kids! And a pretty great mom!