Thursday, October 13, 2022

Riley's 8th birthday

 

Back in July, Riley turned 8!  She is such a joy to have around.  She loves playing with anyone and everyone who wants to.  She loves to learn new things.  She is really good at avoiding practicing her cello...ha ha.  She was very excited to be baptized.  

Her baptism was a great day.  My mom and dad were in town and my dad gave a great talk on baptism.  Kaari Gale (her primary teacher) gave a good talk on the Holy Ghost and Emery sang Peace in Christ.  It was beautiful.  

Here are some pictures from baptism day.



The stake primary president told me that one of her favorite pictures from her baptism was one that her mom snapped right after she got out of the water.  She told me I should try it.  So I got a couple and I love the pure joy on her face.  

Pure joy.

Jumpsuit picture.  

Family picture.  I love how much taller Sadie is than me.  In my defense, she is wearing heels and I'm wearing flats.  

I took Riley to the temple to get some pictures before her baptism.  She wore Sadie's white baptism dress because the dress she wanted was purple, but she wanted a white dress for these pictures.  :)




Ha ha.  I had to strategically align the sun up behind the temple because it was so bright.  She wanted a jumping picture, but I'm not quick enough to make it look like a jumping picture.  This looks more like a falling picture.  ha ha!

On her actual birthday we just hung around at home.  It was a Sunday so we went to church and we played the throw the whipped cream in the air and catch it in your mouth game.  It was a fun day just spending time with each other.

Looks like Zac and Finley helped Riley blow out her candles.  

8 is Great!

My kids really like the store bought cakes with whipped cream frosting.  I need to learn how to make that stuff because it is so yummy.  

Early morning birthday picture with dad. 

No comments: