Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ahhh the beauty of Sleep...

So Rob and I made a breakthrough these past couple of days. We were having trouble getting Sadie to go to sleep and stay asleep. She would Go down for about 20 minutes and wake up and cry so we would try to sooth her to get her to be happy again. Well, then on Tuesday night Sadie decided not to sleep at all. This really took a toll me so Rob worked from home the next day to help me out. Well, she still wasn't sleeping, but we knew that she was tired because her eyelids kept wanting to close. She just kept on fighting sleep.

So when she woke up about 30 minutes after we put her down, Rob decided that she was just going to have to stay asleep. He didn't let her move around...he wrapped her tight and rocked her. Of course she didn't like this one bit. She screamed and screamed for about 10 minutes (which broke our hearts, because it wasn't just a regular "I'm hungry" cry. It was a deep mad cry.) Anyway, after about 10 minutes of this, literally mid squeal, she fell asleep. She was out. She stayed asleep for about 3 and a half hours. This same thing happened again the next time she went down for a nap, and Rob did the same thing, and the same thing happened. But this time, I don't think she cried as long. It was great!

So when night came, I was a little worried because I thought that since she slept so well during the day that she would not want to sleep at night. But, she did so well! I feel so rested and have been able to get so much stuff done today already. As I am typing she is sleeping and has been for a couple of hours. Its so nice... She is the best.

I'm so excited for the weekend because both mine and Rob's family will be here for Sadie's blessing on Sunday. We are going to have the annual Easter Egg Bash...good times!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You are amazing! Hooray for the power and patience of two...sleep well! :)