Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Good Luck Luke!

This last week, the Kevans came to drop Luke off at the MTC. Some of them stayed with us, which was a lot of fun. We really love having family in town. Their trip was very quick, but it was good to see them. We all went to the MTC to see Luke off, I was going to bring the stroller to walk Sadie around outside while they were all in watching the movie and stuff. This was partly because I thought Sadie would be really wiggly, and partly because I don't like that room. There is just so much crying!

Well, I decided to go inside after all, and I made it through the movie and saying goodbye to Luke without a tear. I told Rob about my accomplishment. We were trying to get out, but there was a family in the way so we were stuck until they left. They were dragging out their goodbyes and even though I told myself not to, I looked around. I saw mothers weeping, sibblings crying and fathers getting teary-eyed. I told Rob we needed to leave quick...but it was too late. The tears already started coming. There was no stopping them. Soon after that, we scooted around the family and made it out before too much crying on my part. It was embarrassing. I was only crying because other people were crying. Sheesh, I'm such a wimp. Oh well, good luck Luke!

The girls hanging out


Everyone before Luke went in. He wasn't very cooperative with taking pictures when we got to the MTC, so this is the best one I have of him.

No comments: