Thursday, January 15, 2009

A day in the life of Sadie and Mommy

So on Tuesday, I woke up and after Rob had gone to work and everything I thought it would be fun if I carried our camera around with me all day long and documented just how cute our daughter was while he was gone to work. So I did. Here is what happened on Tuesday January 13 (Sadie's 11 month birthday) from 6:30ish am to 4:30ish pm.

It started out like any other day...Sadie woke up, ate and we said goodbye to Daddy. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Sadie followed close behind and stood watching me. As I finished rinsing my mouth, I grabbed her toothbrush to brush her teeth. Just as I looked down at her, she lost her balance and fell. Now this happens all the time, but this time she was standing right by the door frame and her head hit the corner right before her hands reached the ground. It left a pretty big bruise, but she cheered right up when I gave her a piece of ice to play with.

This is her about 5 minutes after the fall. Ouch!

Now that Sadie can walk, one of her favorite things to do is walk around until she finds something interesting and then she carries it over to me to show me. This is how the rest of the morning went...



Look what I found MOM! It was so cute watching her carry this toy that was almost as big as she is.



It was her lucky day. Mommy forgot to close her bedroom door, so she went in and found a treasure.



Then she showed me a lid...



Ahh...lunch time. She loves her Bananas.


Mommy must have been playing the wii during my nap...she left it on the couch for me to play with! It really is my luck day!


We got to play outside since it got to about 50 degrees. It was fun to play with the snow!


I don't mind having cold hands as long as I get to be outside...


The snow was pretty hard on top, but once I dug a little bit...


I got a tasty snack! :)

After about 10 minutes of digging in the snow, Mommy decided that Sadie's hands were too cold, although she didn't seem to mind. So we went back inside.

Not 3 minutes after we went inside I found my diaper bag. This is one of my favorite games these days...I love to just empty everything out of the bag, pull the lining inside out and then just leave it all there sitting on the floor.



The path of destruction that seems to follow Sadie wherever she goes.


Look mom...I emptied it out for you!



I snuck into your room and stole your other purse...I just love to chew on the wooden beads!



Look...she even lets me know when she needs her diaper changed by bringing me the baby powder. Not really...she just found it and wanted me to see.


After all of the fun that we had...it was finally time for Daddy to come home and rescue Mommy. He is helpful like that. I love spending time with Sadie...even if I have to pick up the floor about 20 times throughout the day. I mean...who can resist such a cute smile. :)

Lets see what she has in store for me tomorrow...

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a tough kid-bruises can't keep her down. What a blessing to have someone to introduce the wonders of the world to. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! Poor Sadie and her little (big) bruise. I bet that hurt! I can't wait until Hunter gets that big!

lindsy said...

it's nice to hear someone else with the same kind of day as mine. picking up 20 times sounds awfully familiar =)

Holly-O said...

The pictures of her and the snow are adorable.

Katie Lewis said...

Wow. That bruise is huge. She she is cute though. :)

Rob said...

Eh, I think you're beautiful Lindsey. And Sadie is very cute. I'm glad her bruise is mo betto.