Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snow, Snow, and more Snow!


This is a picture of the Amaryllis(don't know the spelling) I planted a while ago. It finally bloomed! It is so beautiful and more blossoms are coming! Yay!

Well, the past few days have been really snowy. It started on monday. My brother's car broke down early in the morning and fortunately Rob hadn't left for the bus yet. So I got Sadie all bundled up so we could drive over to American Fork where the car had broken down. Amazingly, the car ended up at the park and ride where Rob could catch the bus to Salt Lake. Even more amazingly, we pulled in about 10 seconds before the bus did. So Rob hopped out, and I got Scott, and we were on our way home. The good thing was that it hadn't started snowing yet. I hate driving in the snow. Seriously.

Anyway, so we got home safe and sound, and around 10 am it started snowing and didn't stop for like 48 hours. I saw on the news that in Salt Lake, it only snowed a total of 3 inches in 24 hours and in that same time in Springville, it snowed 12 whole inches. It was crazy. It's a good thing that I like shoveling snow, because we had to do it like 3 times in one day. So that night, since I dropped Rob off to catch the bus, I had to pick him up. I was going to time it perfectly so I could shop at walmart for groceries and be there when his bus came and then just go home. Well, because of construction and the snow, it took me an hour to get to the walmart in springville... normally a 10 minute drive, if that. So Rob and I went shopping and got home around 7:30. I left at 5:30. I hate driving in the snow! Anyway, so that was our adventure.

Sadie is just as cute as ever. She almost never crawls anymore unless she wants to get somewhere FAST. Otherwise she will walk everywhere. It is adorable. And she has fingured out how to communicate a little bit. If she wants me to do something for her, she will grab my hand and put it on whatever she wants me to do, and if I don't do it, she will continue to pick my hand up and drop it on what she wants until I do it. It is funny. She also has had this bruise in the middle of her forhead for about a week because she keeps bonking it on new things. She manages to find every little thing on the carpet and stick it in her mouth even though I vacuum very frequently. She loves to eat whatever we are eating and cries when we don't give it to her. She will even try to stick her hand in your mouth and take out whatever you are chewing.

We are just having fun spending time indoors out of the cold for now. Sometime I will convince Rob to make a snowman with me...hopefully before the snow melts!



This is Sadie with her new toy that we found at DI for 3 dollars! Woot!


The snow seriously comes up to my knees...


I have gotten a good workout the last couple days shoveling snow. Luckily, just as I was about to give up on tuesday, a guy in our ward that has a four wheeler with a snow plow thing attached to the front came over and plowed the other half of our driveway. It was so nice.


This is what we did on New Years Day. We all made handprints on material and wrote the year. Then when Sadie and future kids get older, I will make a quilt of all of their handprints . It will be a tradition! PS-it is very hard to get good hand prints from a 10 month old!

Hope everyone is staying warm!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute Linds! I wish I was as domestic as you!

Lindsay said...

Wow-Sadie is getting so big!

Katie said...

getting handprints are even harder at 5 months! I like your idea--it's going to be an awesome quilt someday