Thursday, June 26, 2014

Camping in Springville

 We really wanted to take the kids camping before I have this baby, so a few weeks ago we drove down to Springville in the canyon and went camping.  It was so fun.  The kids had a blast getting dirty and throwing rocks in the creek and playing on the giant playground that was there.  I thought I was going to be really really uncomfortable being 34 weeks pregnant, but it wasn't really very bad.  I slept just as well as I do at home (which is lousy, but hey...what can you expect) thanks to the air mattress we brought.

 When we got to our campsite, the kids promptly found a little caterpillar hanging from the tree.  It kept them occupied for a long time.  ha ha.  

 Girls picture...this was pretty much just for proof that I was actually there.  :)  Although, I made a big mistake forgetting to take my allergy medicine before we left.  My allergies were CRAZY!!  

 Here is Rob setting up the tent my parents let us borrow.  Thanks mom and dad!  I was not of any help with tent set up.

 But he got it with help from the kids!  Hooray!

 By the time that was done it was time to eat.  So Rob started our fire so we could roast hot dogs.  Zac's favorite meal...can you tell?

 The kids were a little nervous about getting too close to the fire, so Rob ended up cooking most of them himself...but here they are trying their very best.  :)

 Silly kids.

 Then we visited the creek for a good long while.  

 Sadie and Rob walked on this log over the creek.  It was a miracle they didn't fall in!

 S'more time!  I learned that I am the only one in my family that actually likes s'mores.  I can't believe that!  Sadie likes to eat roasted marshmallows, Zac likes to roast the marshmallows and then throw them in the fire, and Rob likes to eat the chocolate.  ha ha.  So I made myself about four of them and enjoyed them thoroughly!

 Then we walked over to the giant park and let the kids play for a while.  It was about 8 pm or so.  Emery was really tired and decided to throw a fit about something about 20 feet from the park.  We left her there to cry on the grass until she was ready to come play.  She sat there for about 15 minutes.  SHe would stop crying and if we looked at her she would start right up again.  Finally she decided she wanted to play and came over and joined the kids on the playground.  Silly girl.

She discovered she likes to swing, which she has hated her whole life.  Now she swings on our swingset in the backyard all the time!

 I think their favorite part was the rock wall.  Sadie was a pro, but I don't seem to have a picture of her.  After the park we walked back to the tent and got ready for bed. 

 The kids got to watch an episode of Little Einsteins while Rob blew up the second air mattress with his mouth.  We didn't have a pump...so it took about as long as the episode lasted...maybe longer.  The funny thing was that when he was done, we realized the mattress had a leak.  So it was all for nothing.  The kids slept great despite the leaky air mattress.


 And of course, I had to take pictures of everyone sleeping while I was awake in the morning..they all slept until seven or so...which never happens at home!  Here is Zac.

 Rob caught me...

 Emery..so cute.

And Sadie.

We had a blast camping, but when we got home we were all pretty tired.  can't wait to go again sometime...

No comments: