Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Festival of trees

I decided to take the kids to the festival of trees this year on my own.  Mostly because it would save us some money, but also because I wanted to give Rob a break.  Usually on our outings he is in charge of the older kids and I take the baby.  That is kind of not fair.  It is so easy to just push or carry a baby, especially if it is Riley because she is so sweet.  Anyway, so I took Zac and Emery to see the trees this year while Sadie was at school.  I made sure to take pictures of the trees I thought Sadie would like so I could show her after school.  It was crowded but my kids cooperated and it was a pleasant experience.

This is one of the awesome gingerbread houses that was there.  The salt lake temple.

Here was one of the MANY frozen themed gingerbread houses.  There were so many!

There were also TONS of frozen themed Christmas trees.  I took lots of pictures for Sadie.

Of course, I had to take a picture of the BYU tree.  My friend I was with told me not to because she is a Utah fan. ha ha

THe festival of trees is where a lot of people decorate trees and donate them so they can be auctioned off.  Then all of the proceeds go to the Children's Hospital. (I think that is how it goes...) Anyway, this year someone decorated and donated a tree in honor of a girl in our ward who has leukemia.  This is the tree.  I think it turned out great.  

We saw this life sized marble maze right when we got there.  I let Zac stand there and watch it for a few minutes and then we went on to look at the trees.  THe whole time he just wanted to come back and watch this again.  So at the end, Emery had fallen asleep in the stroller and Riley was just hanging out in the front pack, so I let Zac stand there and watch it for a good 20 minutes.  He was in heaven!  

He liked this Despicable Me wreath.

And Emery enjoyed the view of the inside of her eyelids.  :)

Another Frozen tree and wreath.

That evening as we were getting ready to go to our ward party, this was the view from our front porch.  The moon coming over the mountains all bright and beautiful.  Nature really is amazingly beautiful. 

No comments: