Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Spring Break- part 1

The kids usually only get like 2 days off for spring break so this year when I found out they had a whole week off I decided to try to make it fun. We had one fun activity planned per day.  Here is a summary of the first half of our week.

On Monday morning we had to change our plans because we were going to do something outside, but it was cold and raining.  So we decided to go to the mall and try out a new nicklecade that my friend told me about.  (Thanks Laurel!) The kids were excited because I didn't tell them where we were going. 

When we got to the mall, we noticed that the Easter bunny was there just waiting for people to come talk to him.  I made sure we didn't have to buy any pictures (yes, I'm cheap) and then took the kids in to talk to the Easter bunny.  They were all pretty shy but they ended up giving the bunny a high five and getting some cool bunny ears which they all wore for most of the day.  If you look closely, you can see the bunny in the background of the above picture. 

Then it was on to the nicklecade.  It is brand new so it was clean and there wasn't anyone else there.  The kids, especially Zac were in heaven.  They each helped do chores around the house before we went so they could earn some money.  This Ice Ball game was a favorite.

Emery made me laugh because whenever she put her coins in she did this stance.  Then I helped her earn some tickets.  They all got to buy little prizes with their tickets.

Then we visited the fountain and they all got to throw a penny in.  Emery had just wiped out pretty hard on her hip on the ground.  She is still sporting a pretty bad bruise from that fall.  But she was tough.  

I went a little crazy taking group pictures with the kids...they are never all together like this so I took every opportunity to get a cute picture.  :)

That night the moon was so pretty coming over the mountains.  THis picture does NOT do it justice...but it was so pretty.

The next day I took the kids to Jungle Jims because Sadie had never been and it was two dollar Tuesday.  :) 

Here they are on the fast roller coaster.  Emery still refuses to go on this ride.  

Cute girls waiting for their next ride.

Pretty much every ride goes in circles...I'm surprised these kids can handle so much spinning.  

Having fun.

Riley loved the Carousel.  

When we left, Sadie was feeling sick.  ha ha.  But she had fun anyway.  And Riley fell asleep on the floor three days this week.  She was so worn out.

On Wednesday morning we went to Gardner Village and tried out the farm they have there.  It is a non-profit that takes care of rescued or neglected animals.  They had horses, pigs, a goat that was about to give birth to twins, alpacas, chickens and ponies.  It was pretty stinky there so Zac kept asking when we could leave.  ha ha.  The girls and I really enjoyed it.  When we first got there the guy told us that usually they charge people to bottle feed the cows, but that he would let us do it for free since it was time to feed them.

Riley got to go first.

Then Zac...

And finally Sadie.  Emery didn't want a turn.  ha ha.  I think it was because of all the slobber she saw hanging off of the bottle!  

Riley enjoyed riding this horse.  :)

Emery really loved petting all of the animals.  One of the goats started eating her dress and I had to wrestle it out of his mouth.  ha ha

A pony getting some head scratches.

This alpaca came up and stuck his head out of the gate.  It was perfect timing for this picture.

This one wasn't as great of timing...it pulled its head out right when I snapped the picture...but oh well.  

This is Riley with a horse named Riley.  :)

Then we walked over and met up with some friends at Gardner Village and ate our lunches that we brought.  I thought this door looked cool so of course I had the kids take a picture in front of it.  A little toy fell out of Zac's pocket while we were taking this picture and we didn't notice until a little while later so we retraced all of our steps and finally gave up.  As we were walking past this spot on our way to the car I spotted it!  Wahoo!

Group picture with our friends.  I love going in to the Chocolate Covered Wagon because they have a taffy pull machine that I could just watch all day.  

After our outing we went home and rested for a bit.  Then we made these yummy rice krispie treats.  I saw Taylor and William had made some and they looked yummy.  So we copied them.  :)  Thanks for the idea Taylor!

Ok...that was the first part of our spring break week.  I'll post about the rest later. :)

1 comment:

Laurel said...

We love the ice ball game too! And it gives you a lot of tickets. Win-win. :)