Monday, September 17, 2018

Cub Scout Day Camp

 This was Zac's first year participating in cub scout day camp.  We had trouble finding anyone who wanted to go up to be with the boys (I can't figure out why everyone wouldn't want to go spend the day in the dirt with 10 eight year old boys!!!) So anyway, Rob and I ended up taking them for a day.  It was a ton of fun.  The boys had a blast doing things they normally wouldn't have and they all got to buy a pocket knife.  (Yikes!)  It was fun for us to see Zac with his friends. 

 All loaded in the van.

 The boys got their faces painted.  I don't remember what the symbol means that Zac chose, but he liked it. 

 Zac was a natural at archery and had so much fun shooting a bb gun.  I was just glad that all these boys went home with all of their fingers still.  They all bought pocket knives.  Just imagine 10 eight year olds trying to carve sticks and twigs with their brand new sharp knives.  Ha ha!  But we survived!

1 comment:

Shanna Selin said...

Haha! We always have a hard time finding people to go to cub camp too. I went for a day thia year too, and now I know why no one wants to do it! 😂