Monday, September 17, 2018

PIctures of my brain...

 I know I already posted most of these pictures on my instagram account, but I wanted them here too.  These are pictures of my brain before my surgery. The top picture is of a normal brain for comparison.  




 Ok, the left picture shows how big my ventricles were enlarged. If you look at the normal brain, there is a little angry looking face in the middle.  (The darker spots) Mine were about 10 times what they were supposed to be.  They were pushing my brain against my skull which is what caused my extreme headaches when I sat down.  The picture on the right shows the actual tumor.  That white ball right below the large black space is the tumor.  I'm actually glad that my ventricles were as big as they were because the surgeon said it worked to his advantage to reach the tumor.  Otherwise he probably would have had to go through my nose for the surgery.  Yuck. 




 I like the picture on the left because it looks like there is an upside down butterfly in my brain.  The picture on the left shows my ventricles after surgery...Much better.  Crazy how your body can just go back to the way it is supposed to be.  


 And this last picture is just to haunt everyone's dreams.  Ha ha!!!


No comments: