Friday, June 7, 2019

Rob's trip to the ER

 This was a month or so ago, but Rob's back has been giving him problems.  He had been home from work for a week and the pain wasn't going away, so I drove him to the instacare.  When we got there, he couldn't get out of the car.  So instead I got back in and drove him to the ER.  It wasn't busy, so we got right in. 

Before we went to the ER, I had walked down the street to pick Riley up from a friend's house.  I chatted with the mom for about 15 minutes and then headed back home.  This is what I walked into the house and saw:
 
I guess Rob had ventured out of bed to make a some lunch and as he was walking back to bed, he had a huge back spasm and fell to the ground.  Fortunately, he saved the sandwiches.  :)

He spent about a week in bed.  The sitting position was the hardest for him so one day we had dinner in the bedroom. 

This was at the ER.  Basically they told us they wanted him to get an MRI, but he would have to wait hours to get one, or we could go home and wait until Monday.  That's what we did.  

After everything basically the doctor said he has "degenerative disc disease" which some people have and it doesn't ever give them trouble, and other people have and it gives them problems.  So he has been trying to strengthen his back with some exercises the physical therapists gave him.  Anyway, it was kinda fun being back at the ER(not for myself this time!).  I saw a familiar face or two.  And hopefully Rob can get his back figured out because he hates being stuck in bed! 

4 comments:

Rob said...

Alls I can say is UGH!

Laurel said...

Oh no. Back pain is the worst. I hope he feels better soon!

Marissa said...

Oh man! That was all kind of funny :) Its too bad Rob has degenerative disk disease. We have a friend with that and hers is very debilitating. I hope Rob's doesn't give him too much lasting trouble!

Bethany said...

Rough stuff. Hope the physical therapy helps!!!