Saturday, June 1, 2019

The story of Riley and a BB


One night I put Emery and Riley to bed.  I read them books, sang them songs and tucked them into their beds.  As I gave Riley a kiss goodnight, I noticed that she was holding a little BB (the ones that they kids find all over the place from air soft guns) in her hand.  I tried to take it and tell her she could have it back in the morning, but I could tell that it was going to cause a breakdown so I told her she could hold it for the night.  I've been trying to not let little things get to me lately and I figured this was something I could let go of.  I told her not to put it in her mouth and then left the room. 

About 15 minutes later I heard some noise coming from their bedroom.  It sounded like arguing and then crying, which is not uncommon coming from their room.  So I didn't think much of it.  Then I see Emery guiding Riley down the hallway toward me.  Riley was upset.

I went over to figure out what was wrong and Riley said "the BB is in my eye!"  I looked in her eye and it wasn't there.  I told her she probably just dropped it in her bed somewhere.  But I could tell she was really scared and her whole body was shaking.  So I looked again and I briefly saw the outline of the tiny ball behind he eyelid and then it disappeared. It was BEHIND HER EYE!!  I tried to stay calm...all the while Rob was laying calmly on the couch saying "just have her look to the left" and other really helpful things.  :) In my mind I was planning out the trip to the instacare but I decided to try one more thing first.  I lifted her eyelid with my fingers but still couldn't see the BB.  So I told her to look really far to one side and out popped the BB!  It bounced across the kitchen tile.  Phew! 

Lesson learned: Don't let your 4 year old go to bed with a little BB.  ha ha

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Holy crap! That would freak me out! Way to handle it, Linds!

Laurel said...

Wha....?! Nightmare of all nightmares! Are you serious! I had no idea that was possible and that it would come out w/o an ER visit. Yikes. Glad Rob was there to manage the chaos. ;) haha!

lindsy said...

Oh my gosh!!
That's one I've never heard before. How scary!
(is it funny to you yet?) :)