Saturday, June 1, 2019

St. George Trip

Some friends of ours invited us to St. George with them over spring break.  We have driven through St. George so many times, but we had never spent any time there.  So we drove down there on a Wednesday night and stayed until Saturday.  We usually only go to visit family on vacation, so this was a first for us to be with just friends.  We went with our friends the Caywoods and the Naegles.

The first morning we were there, we headed over to a park and played.  There were a ton of these little blue caterpillars.  The kids thought they were cool. While at the park, mine and Zac's allergies started up.  Fortunately for us, my friend Rosalyn had eyedrops in her purse that saved us! After the park, we went over to the temple and walked around in the visitor's center.  Look at Zac's poor eyes!

Then we walked around outside for a while.  The kids ran up the stairs.  It was pretty nice weather, but it was kind of a shock to our system.  Coming from 60s to 80s and 90s we weren't really prepared for that.   But it was nice.

Zac took a moment to lay down on the stairs to try to get his allergies under control.

Emery and her sweet friend Stella.  Later that day we hit up the splash pad.  The water was really cold, but it was so hot that it didn't stop the kids from running around getting wet!

These three pictures crack me up.  You can see Emery put her foot on the water sprayer and then it got Stella in the face. ha ha!


Rob being brave.  The water just barely cleared his head.  And the kids had some squirt guns. 

The next morning we explored some more around St. George.  We went on a couple hikes and the kids did great.  We tried this thing where Zac was partners with Riley and Sadie was partners with Emery.  They had to help each other and stick together.  I was really impressed. It worked out really well. Zac took his responsibility very seriously.  I caught him giving Riley a piggy back ride a couple times.  :) 

This was actually right outside the house we stayed in.  The kids loved climbing and playing in the dirt.  All of their shoes were red from the dirt by the time we got home.

Finley caught a ride with Rob.  

The kids loved climbing on all the rocks and hills.  

My kids plus Stella.

I thought it was funny that the kids found this tiny piece of shade and were crouched down in it.  It was pretty hot out.

Zac being an awesome big brother!

These two stuck together.

It's great when you have a photographer with you.  Your pictures all turn out great.  

Riley was getting tired and hot, but Zac stuck with her and got her to finish the hike.  Then we went to see this other hike.  It was so much cooler because it was in the shade of the rocks.  And it was super short.  Win-win!

Finley was getting tired!  And so were the rest of the kids I think!


Being so close to huge red rocks was really cool.

That evening we went to this big rock to watch the sunset.  It was terrifying!  ha ha.  It was a huge rock that there were lots of people on and I was so worried that my kids were going to fall off the edge.  So I made my kids just sit down in the middle with me.  They weren't too happy about that.  ha ha.  But the sunset was beautiful.

This picture looks like we all enjoyed out time there, but Emery was really mad that I wasn't letting them all wander around.  Zac was just wanting to leave and Riley was tired.  oh well.  It was an experience.  

My friend took this picture of us.  I don't know why I was so scared.  I actually walked around the big rock with the kids for a bit before we headed back down.  I guess I'm just really scared of heights.  I think if Rob were there, he would have been much more relaxed than I was.  But he stayed home with a sleeping Finley. 

See that cliff in the sky?  That's where we were.  I actually saw someone propose on the rock while we were up there.  She said yes and then they started kissing an hugging and all I could think about was "You guys need to open your eyes!  If you lose your balance, you are going to fall off the edge and die!!"  ha ha.  Fortunately they didn't fall.  And they seemed really happy.  So congrats to them!

We had such a fun little trip to St. George.  Thanks to our friends for inviting us!  We had a group picture taken while we were hiking, but it's really blurry.  I'll try to get a better version and insert it here!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

This looks so fun! And I loved your commentary on the engagement. haha. ;)