Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Concerts and snow

December was a month filled with orchestra concerts, helping at the school and snow!  We got our first really good snowstorm and the kids even got a snow day.  That's unheard of here.  The kids were so excited.  It was on the day that Sadie's orchestra concert was supposed to be, so she was worried that it was going to be cancelled as well, but they said it was ok to proceed with the concert that night.  I think we ended up getting like 11 inches or something in a very short amount of time.  It was crazy.  So we had a fun day playing in the snow.  The kids spent so much time outside that day.  It was the perfect temperature...not too cold and the snow was really good consistency for making snowmen.  

Sadie is the one on the right in the front.  They did a really good job playing their songs.  I loved listening to the Christmas music!

When we came out of the concert, we saw Santa and Mrs. Clause sitting there.  Finley was so excited but when she got close, she got shy.  :)

I got to go to the school and help with their Santa's secret shop.  It was so busy because we had to help the kids that had missed it because of the snow day.  Some of the kids were waiting for an hour or so to pay for their things because we only had one register.  Zac also got to come help with his friends Lucy and Aubrey and others because he is a pack protector at the school. Then during lunch I got to stay and play piano for the orchestra for their lunch concert.  It was about 2 hours of playing music.  The kids were exhausted by the end.  ha ha  

Emery's group also got to play at Smith's for donations a couple times over the break before Christmas.  It was fun.

Her whole orchestra.  

Emery and her friend Attie.  

A neighbor invited all the kids over to build an epic snow fort on the snow day.  Then after a few hours, she invited them into her movie theater in her basement to watch a movie.  So fun!

Here's the whole group.


Sadie and Finley stayed home to keep me company while I shoveled the driveway.  I made it about one pass and I was pooped.  Well, Sadie, Zac and I had already shoveled one of our neighbor's driveways because he had a heart attack and they were at the hospital and she had called Rob to see if we could clear it off for her.  So I was tired.  Fortunately, my neighbor came over and said we could borrow his snow blower.  Thanks goodness.  My back is still hurting 3 weeks later from that shoveling fest.  I think something is out of place.  

Zac was the first one awake and this was his face when I told him it was a snow day.  Crazy kid.

IT's so beautiful and quiet when everything is covered in snow.

Emery and Riley.

Finley loves the snow!

Because it was a snow day I had time to make a fun breakfast.  This was probably around 9am.  ha ha.  We ate so late!

Christmas tree pancakes!

Then it was time for Emery's concert.  She did great.  She was the only one with a solo that night because 2 of the others who had solos couldn't come because they were in quarantine.  

I got to play piano for them.  I was really nervous, but I only messed up a couple times.  Ha ha

Emery helping Finley build a snowman.


 This was just a few days before the snow storm.  We were coloring the driveway with chalk.  Funny to think how quickly the weather can change!


Here is Emery's Solo


Here is one of the songs that Sadie's orchestra played

No comments: