Sunday, December 5, 2021

Zac and Mom head to AZ

We had planned a few trips that required airfare before the pandemic hit and they got cancelled so we had some plane ticket vouchers that needed to be used up.  I decided it would be fun to go down to AZ and see the Mesa temple open house with Zac.  I woke up bright and early to Finley coming into my room and climbing into bed with me.  I never know when it's going to be her last time coming in to snuggle with me, so I allow it.  :)

She actually fell back to sleep...that usually doesn't happen.

Zac and I were leaving around 1 so we spent the morning packing and getting ready.  He was a bit nervous and kept asking questions about 9/11 and the planes crashing into the buildings.  I told him to stop talking about it because it would start to make me nervous.  ha ha.  

Made it to the airport and Zac was really nervous.  We brought a dice game to keep us occupied at the airport.  

Got onto the plane and got a seat right behind the wing.  

This is a picture of the Copper mine.  Emery always asks about it and wants to go there someday, so we took this picture for her. 

First item of business, eat at Jordans!  This is my favorite Mexican restaurant of all time.  It did NOT disappoint.  Thanks to my brother Scott and his family for picking us up from the airport and shuttling us around for a bit.

Zac spent hours setting records on this game.  It's the best game.  Very addicting.  Bullseye ball.  

Looking out the window.  There was a bit of turbulence on the way there.  I hated it, but Zac thought it was fun. 

While we were there, we discovered that Zac's feet are now bigger than mine!

Zac got to spend some time with Gunner.  Here they are playing Curses.

Sunday dinner.  It was delicious.  

These boys loved tormenting Isaac.

Cade and I were matching.

Scott brought his new game that he got off of Ebay.  It is now referred to as the 100 dollar board game because that is how much he spent on it.  We got to play it twice while we were there.  It was fun. Well worth the money I would say...especially since I didn't pay for it.  ha ha!

The next day we went to see the temple.  There weren't very many people there.  

After we saw the temple, we changed out clothes (in the car!) and walked over to the new visitors center.

Zac left his mark on this light board.  :)

Then we went down the street to an ice cream shop that sells BYU creamery ice cream.  I offered to pay for my mom's ice cream and when I went to pay, the cashier said "someone came in a paid for a bunch of people's ice cream, so you're good."  How cool!  Thanks to whoever did that!

Cade was so fun to play with.

We went go cart racing and it was a bit intimidating, but by the end of the race we were a bit more confident.  We wish we could have gone again, but that meant forking out more money...so we just did the one.

We went scorpion hunting in the backyard.  We found a good handful of them.  See that glowing thing?  THat's how they glow in blacklight.

We visited my grandma one morning.  We walked over from my parent's house.  She showed us how she practices her putting in the backyard.

She even showed us the proper technique.  

I love being able to spend time with my grandparents.  Wish we lived closer!

This is my childhood home.  It was fun showing it to Zac.  My parent's rent it out so we were able to walk around and see the inside as well.

Then we had to break out the double bike.  We took it for a spin around the neighborhood.

Stopped by a candy shop for a little snack.  

Then we went to the airport and found out that our flight got delayed.  It was already a late flight but it got pushed back a couple hours.  This was how we felt about it.  

Zac was tired so he layed down for a bit.


Here are some videos from our trip.

 

Riding the double bike.

Scorpion hunting.

The boys bugging Isaac.


Playing Bullseye Ball

1 comment:

Carrie Selin said...

We loved having you in AZ! We did quite a bit in those 2+ days, right?