Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My own yogurt bites...

Have any of you heard of those freeze dried Gerber yogurt bites? I thought they looked yummy so I got some for Sadie. It was a tiny bag and it cost me $2.39. Well, Sadie really liked them and so did I...but they were gone in a flash.

So I decided to make my own yogurt bites. I had a little ice cube tray that makes little tiny ice cubes in cute shapes like hearts and stars. First I spread the yogurt into the ice cube tray using a spatula. When all the spaces were full, I put the tray in the freezer until they were completely frozen.


To take them out of the tray (which consisted of lots of banging on and bending) I like to run the bottom of the tray under water to help get the cubes out. It really helps. They are yummy and very convenient and they don't cost a lot, as long as you wait for a good sale on yogurt. Sadie loves them

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so domestic! That is AWESOME!

MOORE FAMILY said...

I actually love to put my yogurt in the freezer and eat it when it is frozen out of the container. Those yogurt bits look a lot easier to eat and proble more fun and less messy with a little one! That is a great idea!

Katie said...

What a great idea! Cute tray too!

Lindsay said...

That is so impressive. For a second I thought your post was my own yogurt ...bites. Like you or Sadie didn't like yogurt. :) What a fun mom you are!

Mike - What Is Abstract Art? said...

So my question is, do they melt???

Lindsey said...

Thanks. I've been wondering if you could make these yourself, b/c my little one loves yogurt, but I don't always have the time to spoon feed it to her. So your little one just eats them frozen then?