Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Somebody had a birthday...

It was Sadie!

Here she is with her first piece of mail. Exciting!

Sadie is now one year old! Wow...the time has gone by so fast it's amazing. She is just such a joy to have in our lives and we love every minute with her. Her birthday was so much fun. It started out with a yummy breakfast of pancakes (with chocolate chips)
in the shape of a 1. Well, it was supposed to be a one, but there was an incident when I flipped it, so it ended up not looking like a one. Oh well.

Then Sadie had a blast playing with some balloons, seeing great grandma, and going visiting teaching with me. Finally the party started when Shanna, Scott and Erica, and my grandma came over for home made pizza. Yummy! Sadie then opened presents with my parents watching on the web cam. It was fun and Sadie loves all of her gifts! Thanks to everyone who got her one.

Then came time for the cake. She dug into it pretty good, but she didn't eat it like I thought she would. She mostly just stuck her hand in, and held it up to Uncle Scott or me to eat. Silly girl. She is such a good sharer(is that even a word?).

Anyway, Here are some pictures of the Big Day. I will post pictures of the things I made for her in a later post.



Sadie and the balloons.




Family picture. We had a better picture, but I guess I got the wrong one...


Opening gifts, she really wanted this one. Dad couldn't get in out of the package fast enough.


Sadie and Great Grandma Hansen.


The pancake that was supposed to look like a 1.


Yummy cake!

Here are her stats from her one year Dr. appointment if anyone is interested.
Weight-21.5 lbs. (51st percentile)
Height-31.5 inches (99th percentile)
Head- don't remember but it was the 80-something percentile.

8 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Happy birthday Sadie! :)

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Congratulations Sadie!

Amanda said...

Cute! Happy birthday Sadie! She's a tall girl! :)

lindsy said...

Happy Birthday from all of us!
what a cute girl!

Kevin_Amold said...

It was a good time. I still need to get some pictures from that shin-dig.

By the way, remember that I showed up along with Evan, Shanna, and Erica. SHEESH!!

lindzandrob said...

Sorry...I meant to say scott instead of Evan. My bad.

Lindsay said...

Yay for Sadie-one year older and wiser too! Happy birthday to you! This year-work on eating cake...no sharing! :)

Grandma and Grandpa Kevan said...

Happy Birthday Sadie, We love you.
the real kevans