Thursday, March 12, 2009

Some things that we have been doing...

So we have been having lots of fun these past few weeks. We are currently trying to paint the downstairs apartment so that we can get tenants living there again. Our previous tenants moved out like 2 weeks ago, so we have been making the downstairs look really nice since then. We even removed an ugly gas heating unit and a friend of ours did some drywall work. It looks soooo much better!

Something funny happened the other day. I decided I was going to make a double batch of cookies so I got 4 sticks of butter out and put them on the table to soften. When it came time to make the cookies I decided to just make 2 single batches because it gets hard to mix when there is so much dough. Anyway, so I made the cookies and they were all baked and stuff and then I put Sadie down for a nap. By that time I didn't want to make the other batch of cookies anymore, so I did something else. When I went into the kitchen a couple of hours later, there was a liquid all over the table and dripping on the ground. I had no idea what it was, so I went to check it out and realized that the butter was right in the direct sunlight from the small crack in the curtains. DOH! I completely lost one whole stick, but I was able to put the other one back in the fridge before it ran out of the package. sigh...next time I will just soften the butter in the microwave!

Sadie is as curious as can be. She never ceases to amaze me with her knowledge. She knows where lots of body parts are and she can say ball, dad, hi and bye bye. I'm sure she can say more, I just can't think right now.

Rob has been so busy with work and fixing the downstairs. He has been doing a lot of handy work like changing the electrical outlets and fixing the drywall. Today he even put up some shelves in our kitchen and they look awesome! He is such a handy man!

Here are some pictures and videos for your enjoyment.

Here she is with her very first ponytail in her hair! So cute. It didn't last too long, but it was cute while it did. She also found a candy cane and got it all over her face.


This is Rob and I on my birthday. It was an awesome day!


This picture is so funny! I took a normal picture of her because she didn't have any pants on but she brought me her shoes and wanted me to put them on. So I did. So I took a picture and the flash went off. She wasn't quite looking at the camera in that picture, so I started to take another one, but she figured out the flash, so she kept squinting her eyes. It was hilarious!


THis video is of dinner time. She kept throwing her food on the floor, so we put her in time out for like a minute and she was really sad. So we felt pretty bad and held her and tried to feed her that way. Well this is what happened. She is such a nice girl!




I caught Sadie playing her piano like this yesterday! Hah! She is going to be so talented on the piano!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love her little ponytail...and her way of playing the piano will change the way music is done forever. :)

Carrie Selin said...

Now all she has to do to play like Uncle Scott is to play super fast while laying back on the piano bench and watching TV at the same time. She's well on her way!

Rob said...

Dust when are you going to post a new entry? I was dust wondering.

becky d said...

Can't say that I've seen anyone play like that before, so, I'll agree she has talent. I'm not sure how she will be able to pass any YW goals off that way. But maybe she'll have a 'liberal' YW program. Bottom playing piano solo, making quilts out of toilet paper, serving the homeless with her feet, she could really set the standard high for the other girls in her ward.