Monday, May 11, 2009

Babysitting, Fat lip and happiness

What a whirlwind these past few days have been. Since last wednesday, we have been babysitting for a family whose parents went on a cruise for their tenth anniversary. They asked us to do this like last summer so we were prepared. We are watching only 2 of their 4 kids. One little girl is 3 and the other just turned one. So I have been hanging out with three little girls the past few days. At first it was hard because none of the kids wanted to sleep. Actually Sadie slept really well...it was the other 2 who wouldn't sleep. But that is taken care of and now it is so much more enjoyable. The one year old actually got really high fever, like up to 104 so the grandma took her to the doctor and found out that she has an ear infection. Like her 5 or 6th one in a row...but she is doing fine on the antibiotic. It has been a fun experience.

This morning though, while the older one was at preschool and the one year old was taking a nap, Sadie totally face planted right onto her mouth on the hard kitchen floor. I picked her up and her mouth was all bloody. Her little lips swelled up and she was pretty sad. But I gave her a piece of ice to suck on and that cheered her right up. I'm just glad that she didn't land on her nose...that would have left a mark!

On mother's day, Rob treated me so well and made me pancakes got me guitar hero for the wii. I was really excited about that. WE haven't gotten to play it much since we are staying at this other house, but we got the weekend off, and the kids grandma came to watch them, so we played a little bit on sunday before we came back. It was a blast!

On Sunday, we were singing in choir and I was off to the side a little bit because Sadie was being really wiggly. I saw a guy walk in with his wife who looked like a general authority. I was pretty sure I knew who it was but I wasn't 100 percent positive. Anyway so they came up and sat on the stand just as I put Sadie down to grab my bag. She ran right up to him and was just looking for something of his to get into and he played with her and said "she knows who loves little girls doesn't she" I laughed and made some kind of joke, and then went down to find my seat. When the bishop got up toe anounce the program, sure enough, it was Elder Nelson! So awesome! I guess his wife's sister lives in the ward so while they were visiting, they stopped by and spoke in our ward. It was pretty neat.

Some other good news is that I ordered some really cheap clothes online. Each were less than 7 dollars but were originally like 80 or 100. They came in the mail today and they all fit!!! WOO HOO. I love them!

I guess that is all. Sorry...no pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool about Elder Nelson! Where did you get your clothes from?

Lckevan said...

I got them online at a place called Tulle.com. It was a one day sale thing. But they have some good stuff on sale all the time there.

Carrie Selin said...

Well, there's someone who can tell Sadie is a girl. He must be someone special!