Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Family and Fun

While my parents were in town for Riley's blessing, they introduced us to a place called Rita's.  It is a frozen custard and slushie place.  It was really yummy.  We all enjoyed our ice cream and I can't wait to go back.  I guess I will have to wait until next year when Rob starts eating treats again.  :)


The kids were excited that they had a little table for kids.  

The whole gang.

Then we all got cold from eating our cold treats, so we moved outside.  Much warmer out there.

The last time my mom came to visit she noticed that my kids were really into playing with smurfs.  We had about 5 smurf figurines and the kids would play with them for hours every day.  So when she came this time, she brought some smurfs for them.  They were thrilled!  They love them and still play with them at least once a day.  Here they are all lined up in a row:

I didn't get a picture, but grandpa spent a LOT of time playing smurfs with Zac and Emery while he was here.  He is just so much fun!

Playdoh + Smurfs = hours of fun!

We went for a walk to the park.  I started off carrying Riley on my chest, then my mom took over.  She was still asleep when we got home so my mom put her on the couch like this.  Pretty cute.  

Bonding with Grandma.

We went to a food truck round-up close by one night.  I had never been to one, so it was kinda fun.  They also had these bounce houses for free that the kids could play on.  Score!  The only problem was there was no supervision or anything.  So there were big kids going crazy in there at the same time there were tiny kids.  Sadie and Zac did pretty good in them...but Emery tried it twice and this is how it ended both times:

Yes...she got bonked or something and was in tears both times.

Here is grandpa with baby Riley.  Thanks grandpa for all the work you helped with while you were here.  I guess we should mow the back lawn again sometime...

1 comment:

Carrie Selin said...

I loved it when Emery took her first bite of the ice cream and the entire top dollop dropped onto the table. Luckily Sadie had quick hands and quickly returned the cool treat to it's proper place.